Wednesday 1 July 2015

Footy fever in Wellie

The Dom Post can't keep footy off it's front page - footy sells papers!
This weekend is a sell-out for the Rugby Finals at Westpac Stadium and Wellington hotels are all booked out, expecting thousands of  visitors.

Samoan parents, proud of their champion sons

Memphis always busy...

A wiser face covering a broken toothed smile


Dear Tom came into have a coffee and commiserate. He said nothing has been lost, and experience has been gained. He is so right, but just how much experience does one have to have? We smiled and laughed a bit at my shared 'experience' and he said 'just put it to bed', not a good analogy really!

Today I am repairing the broken front tooth at Symes De Silva, taking a gamble that they will to a job which I can afford. I will probably be disappointed, but need to fix my face before my trip to UK which is coming up fast. At least the stress of packing is now gone, as my small carry-on I can pack blind -folded, just remembering I have two weeks of winter when I return to Australia in mid-August, with a week in Hobart, Tasmania.

Have been talking to P. H. about possiblilites and he has invited me to dinner next week, which is nice so I can gradually return to normal life without constantly thinking about You know who. Love does makes fools of us all, and you just have to wear the egg on your face and keep smiling, to mix some bad metaphors.

Also today is D-day for Ron at Body Positive with the visit of head-honcho from Auckland. His future is in the balance so we will see what happens.

Just back from a nice (female) dentist who did an excellent quick repair job. My faith in dentists, and Symes De Silva in particular, has been consequently restored. And it was even at a reasonable price I felt!  So with my new smile, the teeth are ever so slightly different, I feel am ready for my Thursday swim at Kilbirnie pool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment