Friday 31 July 2015

Gay Pride in Brighton

Waking up ar six-thirty as I always seem to do now, which is great, I decide to quit the BnB and forget   breakfast as I peaked through and saw my hostess Lesley asleep on the couch in the living room. I am obviously in her bedroom so I feel I will let her sleep in. So I write a note, have a quick shave, pack and am on Church St Hove to find a nice breakfast nook. As it is seven-thirty there are not too many open but a nice Palestinian engineer-turned cafe proprietor makes me a large Americano, insisting it is what I want. I go with the flow, but he does give me an excellent croissant to go with it.

Today is Gay Pride Day in Brighton and I will have time to witness it - how lucky was I to choose this day to come to this beautifull seaside town - really I feel I could easily live here, the vibes are great and the climate also seems excellent.

Last night's visit to Chartreuse to find out how ill she was turned out to be just that, very short but sweet. She offere me some excellent Coconut water and we chatted about times gone by, me showing her my present photos, and she showing me our photos of Barcelona in the seventies, where she is obviously living at the moment.

The home was as always, a Sheik's Harem, and she was certainly not well, having headaches and feeling very weak. However she has two weeks to prepare for her big Seventieth Birthday Party which she loves to organise. None of her friends realise how beautiful she was when younger, so she has published a series of her early model shots to prove it. The girlfriends might be a bit jealous!

On my way home last night after a long walk  Brighton to discover how buzzy it was, I discovered an artisan chocolate shop, so that is where I will today buy some chockies for Piddington. John Bell will love them I am sure.
My bed at BnB, or Lesley's bed!

View from bedroom window...

Breakfast with  Ra'ed at Hove

Trucks piled up to demonstrate...

Helen Mirren by three at Mme Tussaud's

Am reading the Guardian and the big news is the illegal immigration from Calais of 200 refugees. France is being blamed for letting them get through at Calais, but the fact remains, everyone is trying to get into the UK. I wonder if England beating Australia in the cricket Test has anything to do with it??
Poor Aussies, if they lose the Ashes they will be totally mortified as they went in hot favourites. England will never stop bleating.

View from my Cafe 'Dates and Coffee'

The cafe opposite has just put up two rainbow flags to attract their clientele today. Apparently the trains will be standing-room-only coming from London to celebrate this big day out in the southern gay capital of England.

Gay friendly cafe...

Twenty-five years since first Gay Prideand they expect, wait for it, 160,00 people here in Brighton for the celebration.

I am in Preston Street where the concert is happening this arvo, but I will be travelling to Bicester.
There is a great feeling of love in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment