Tuesday 7 June 2016

Early birthday present at Memphis

Today is a perfect winter's day and Rueben at Memphis has offered me a beautiful toasted walnut bread and blue cheese sandwich - gratis. I thank him and tell him it is my birthday present for next week!

But Jamie Oliver's planned Italian eatery on Lambton Quay is not to be, he is also a Gemini I believe, so no birthday present in Welly for him!
Pity about this as his restaurant would have been very popular I am sure.
Memories of my wonderful fluffy ginger man Mr Ralph in Hobart - cats are there to help us through life...
Fire disasters seem all too frequent here, similar to the many which 'occur' in Tasmania.
My brekkie at Memphis..miam miam!
And he lived till one hundred and four, more to the point!
This sort of news needs to be known - Islam is very homophobic, gays have to escape to lead their lives fully.
What New Zealand is justly famous for - a getaway down south on your bike!
Ramadan begins now and we all must learn about it.....
But African Anglicans do not like Anglican liberals....
Brendon protesteth a little too late, but I suppose he had to justify his youthful indiscretions...
This is not youth, but sports maturity, winning medals in seven Olympic Games!
Graham Norton joins in the wine money in Waikato - he is obviously a very wealthy Irishman.
I have just quickly read this excellent Kiwi book by Maurice Gee. Gee is touted to be the best living Kiwi author and I could well agree. It is a page turner, very well crafted and his characters crafted in their very special - read dysfunctional - Kiwi way. This country surely does record in great literary form its very odd proclivities and the results therof. I hope to read more of Maurice Gee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment