Wednesday 1 June 2016

Interviews...again

It was supposed to be a 'RV fixe' as the French say, but this time it didn't work out that way. Young 20 yo Jaime finally texted me to say she was caught up at a Uni meeting...she forgot to let me know about that but tomorrow is another day and hopefully she will be free to meet up tomorrow. If I am having the young people move in I have to jive at their pace, sometimes, anyway. The winter electricity bill just came in at double, but I suppose that was to be expected. But J still hasn't learned that the first remedy for the cold is to wear warmer clothing, but it seems he doesn't have any!!  This is the young generation who live day to day and don't realise that winter is for winter clothes, like thermals, which today I am wearing for the first time this year. But they certainly keep the cold out.

Had coffee with Tom and Gloria and later another couple retired from Lake Taupo had a nice chat. He was Maori, she Pakeha, both retired and very happy together it was obvious. They have a son in Wellington they are visiting. It was a classic example of the happiness of intermarriage in the earlier times when the sexy Maori men fancied the young blonde pakeha girls, or perhaps it was the other way round? They were a charming happy couple and I am sorry I didn't ask to take their photo, it would have been perfect.

Disaster for the Mayor who instituted this failed cycleway in Island Bay....
We are getting older, but all to 100 ? I wonder how the world will survive with all us geriatrics?
Heta has invited me tonight  hear this magic Mozart Opera, hope it is good....
Germaine Greer in the news with Shakespeare's ribald verse, again. She knows how to draw a crowd...
Trump shows too much that he is a money man first and last, his regard for the people is very secondary....

No comments:

Post a Comment