Thursday 30 June 2016

Friday night at the Gryphon -

The sun has come out to welcome in a fine weekend and a busy one for me as always. Hopefully tonight I will see 'The History Boys' at the Gryphon Theatre with my swimming mates although I wasn't given a reservation for some reason. I have no luck with that Facbook site where I thought I had registered interest. We'll just see what happens as I went to the theatre last night and it is totally booked out but may have a late 'no-show' they said. Here's hoping...

Today coffee with Gloria and chat with Eddie and his Mum Anne. I finally mentioned the possibility of a lunch next week to Anne and she seemed quite amenable. It will be what I have needed to do and it will be at the right time to usher her into the Seminar in four weeks. I have always travelled on unknown paths so this one will be just another step. Hopefully not like Celia's catastrophic cycleway fiasco at Island Bay.
The Turkish bombing having severe repercussions but a nice word from my friends Arsena and Burçu told me they are both out of the country.
Cold day at Memphis
Tomorrow big day in Aussie politics. I am hoping for a change of government, it could have an effect on my future there, or not?
This is a play I hope to see on Saturday night, but it may be sold out.
And the trailer to this movie looks ab fab so this movie is on my list too.
How the Kiwi footballers make their careers, Japan or France, what's the difference? Kiwis must travel to succeed.
At the Paramount Cinema booking for ten movies for the Film Festival which is always exceptionally good.
And the sun shines through the big windows into the foyer at the old Paramount Theatre where many of the films will be shown. Now home to work out how I will cope with a super-full weekend!

Well the White Guitar was booked out but the The History Boys was fabulous. My young swimming friend Parras made his acting debut and was excellent, as were all the others in this very funny and telling Alan Bennett play. I enjoyed it immensely and the Grypon Theatre is to be commended for bringing some lovely theatre to Wellington which would otherwise never see the light. Six stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment