Saturday 11 June 2016

Last night an All Blacks victory over Wales

Well the All Blacks won, but not after a fright as at half time they were behind, for the first time evah...it was a good game which I watched half of in the local bar on Courtenay Place.
Today I go to Memphis to see Heather and Julian again but it was not to be. And the weather turned bad so I took Barbara into Memphis before seeing my Italian documentary at the Cuba Lighthouse.
This is an example of bumbling inefficient Kiwi bureaucracy, should never have happened.
Barbara having a hot chocolate with Gloria....
Hillary is in, but there are many still enemies for her to overcome...
Ramadan feast after dusk....
How the ABs won against a plucky Wales.
Ali mourned by thousands in Kentucky......
Mark Reason dousing the flame on Novak and Hillary - they have 'no charisma'...

This Italian doco was very nostalgic for me with great unseen footage of early twentieth century Italian industrial revolution, including Fiat, with Agnelli reigning supreme. Fascinating!
Last night a late hot-chocolate at Crumpet Café with Julian and his Mum Heather who is a delightful woman. They really enjoyed the jazz concert and attended the wrap party in the upstairs foyer afterwards. They are a great combination.

Tonight I am missing an hour of my ballroom dancing as Nina Simone's biopic is on at Cuba in a one off documentary which I really don't want to miss. Memories of a King's Cross nightclub in 1967.




No comments:

Post a Comment