Thursday 4 February 2016

Haka at Wainui

Saturday January 30

Have discovered a new coffee shop, called just that, and it is opposite old Bordeaux, where Rubia'snow is,  and going not too well, for me that is..
Have been here before but there was no seating and they have now improved it no end, and it is super-cool with excellent coffee. I also boughr a salted choc brownie which was delicious, home made!

Today is my day for Haka at Wainui,  but weather is drizzling and grey with the triathalon on at Evans Bay Parade so the street is closed. Niki moves out at three pm.
The Sevens are in town, it goes a bit crazy....
The Coffee Shop....
Michael Caine being great at eighty,
Tasmania forests in danger, terrible tragedy.
Naive young Kiwis in trouble overseas, especially in Asia where the religious customs are so different and the Kiwis are very entrepreneurial. This young man spent a year in a hell-hole gaol for putting a Buddha in earphones to advertise his bar!


Here we are at the Wainui Haka Maori Cultural Fest and it is very hot after all. I forget to bring sunscreen so the result is a vey sunburnt face which I will suffer from tomorrow no doubt.
The Haka teams are wonderful and I meet good Tiwhanawhana friend Kevin Haunui who joins me and gives me information about the teams and  styles etc. I stay for the afternoon session but it is so hot I leave before the judging and return home to bathe my sore face. Thank goodness I have cancelled everything for tonight.

At home I do a quick clean-up after Niki has left with a not so perfect clean room, but it is OK and soon I have everything ready for Howell's arrival tomorow. He will love is room, especially with the weather so good as now. We are really having an amazingly good summer, quite hot and much hotter than I have ever experienced here in Wellington.
A good night's sleep and tomorrw Howell's arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment