Monday 29 February 2016

Over-committed...?

This morning I was joined by Ron and Wayne to have a coffee at Memphis. I have been invited again to stand for the board of BP Wellington and am wondering if I am over committing if I take it on. Even Ron is not standing as he had originally intended to because of lack of time. I will have to talk to Bruce about it but I know he will try persuade me to take it on.. It means six trips to Auckland in the next twelve months to attend meetings. If I do so, I will do it as my swan-song to Wellington..

Sometimes the roads here are messy with very slow upgrades going on.

My tip for best picture won the Oscar, 'Spotlight' a worthy winner about horrific child abuse in Boston. Would that Aussie Cardinal Pell saw this movie!

Trump's attempt to win now supported by KKK, what next?

The  great Wellington Festival with its Aussie shows, one of which I just missed at the Michael Fowler Centre.
 The grea Paul Kelly was singing and the audience was electrified it appears. I can't get to everything, although my nine French movies have been a bit 'ott' and would not warrant the time spent there I'm afraid. Oh well, a lesson learned, I hope. I will miss a rehearsal for Tiwhanawhana on Saturday arvo because of a French movie, but will still attend the Parliament celebration of the Gay Law Reform 30 year anniversary.

I am now on my way  to sign a petition at Parliament steps to help release a drug for cancer which is not on the Pharmac list here and people cannot access it who have Melanoma. We are lucky the HIV drugs are subsidised here and this is one reason I may stand for the Board. I suppose the more I do here the better as now I am on a roll I should contribute as much as I can.

Below is French Mother Aubert from the Order of Compassion, about to be made a Saint in the Catholic Church. She was born on my birthday I notice, such a nice compassionate woman, must be like me a bit I suppose, lol! They are trying to cash in on her fame with a Memorial Home or some such   place.

The political gathering was low-key at Parliament steps but well covered by all media. They need the melanoma drugs here, and immediately, to cure the rash (humph!) of skin tumours affecting many people. NZ does not have the population to procure cheap drugs but perhaps this is what they are hoping with the TPPA - there must be something in it for NZ after all?

Am now off to see 'Marguerite' with the excellent Catherine Frot, based on the Florence Foster Jenkins story in the US. Hope it is better than 'Rosalie Blum'!

Just out and I'm afraid it was not very good. Is it the French different sense of humour, or are they still in thrall to the American industry?  It was well acted but didn't do it for me, at all. The original American movie was a good one, but this one I only give two stars. C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment