Saturday 6 February 2016

Sunday in city



Sunday Feb 7
Am still having problems publishing my photos in my blogger site, but today at the Memphis a mini miracle happened when today's blog published everything. I wonder whether the glitch has self-corrected? I can only hope so. We'll just have to wait and see.
After seeing 'Hillary's Young Lover' on stage last night I see why his show has taken off in NYC, Hillary could not be hotter news, not that she has a nano-second to be aware of this funny funky play by a young Kiwi.

Anne came into Memphis today, so it seems Sunday is the day to hook-up with her. I talked about Theorem and she said to drop the DVD into Memphis in an envelope and she'll have a look at it. So now to go home to write that letter to go with it. No expectations, never have. 

Today is hot as always and Memphis as busy as always,The Waitangi Holiday just makes is more buzzy. Johnny is playing rap music all day and it's quite educational for me as I am not an aficionado.
Here am I sporting my 'red nose day' look after that sunburn at Wainui. Never again will I allow myself to be in the midday sun in summer in NZ

This is a great initiative in Auckland to help rehabilitate women prisoners and reduce recidivism. I have long been a supporter of retraining in gaol to prevent this, something which is so prevalent in Australia with the Aboriginal population. Aussies could learn a lesson from the Kiwis, yet again!

Here is a wonderman Islander Kiwi about to win the championship in Street Workouts. He is also a dedicated Christian it appears.

A classic 50s model but a truck driver by day, what else would the young Kiwi woman do?

Perhaps she would play a successful tour of Marlene Dietrich... which Jennifer Ward-Lealand, a local actress has done. It reminds me of the night I assisted said Dietrich up the steep circular metal staircase at showbiz restaurant in London in 1973. Called simply 'Number 7', in Bond Street, it was there where she had been fĂȘted by her good friend Ava Gardner after her opening nigth on the West End, and where I served her a few beers at the head of the table and Ava had a soft drink! It was quite a night of star watching, but especially when I had to support the feisty Marlene with the skinny legs up a stairwell to leave the below ground restaurant.

This is a first by Air New Zealand enabling parents to be in text contact with their youngsters on solo flights. I am thinking of Havana here, flying to Cuba by herself one day, as if Lydia would allow that, I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment