Thursday 4 February 2016

Scots College Centenary

Friday February 5 a day to remember, like all of them!

Another hot day to ruminate on my future....there is no doubt the weather plays an important role in my life. Happily the hot days don't fall too consecutively here in Welly I am happy to say. Today though I was forced outside in Memphis as the interior was still and too hot. The first time ever.
Guy was chatting to his friend and I joined them for a minute. His friend confirmed my idea that Guy is Gay, but you can never tell. One day we will talk about it.
Good news for Cuba Street - Carmen Rupe is to be immortalised in a flashing green Walk sign, a fitting tribute for a pioneer activist and super Trans-Woman.
The joy of Memphis....
I feel exactly the same way!
Kiri really misses her country, but her dogs are in UK!
What have I been saying about Maori films, they are among the best in the world and now the US is recognising them!

Tonight I may go to the Roxy at Miramar to see the Steve Jobs movie, after all, I am an Apple Man!

Guy glancing over....
Scots boys enjoying their Centenary at Parliament House...
With proud parents looking on, this is obviously a great College for boys.



The bronze of Sir Ian McKellen as Gandolf, outside the Roxy.

I am now waiting for 'Steve Jobs', the movie, to start at the Roxy at Miramar, owned by cinema supremo Sir Peter Jackson. It is another example of Wellington's superb Art Deco cinemas, and tonight there are not so many here as it is Waitangi Holiday weekend and the many have departed for their baches in the country or on the coast.

The quality of life in general in New Zealand exceeds by far anywhere else I have seen in the world,and that goes for the average person, no matter the colour or social niveau. It is cooler tonight thank goodness and I am wearing a jacket which I luckily brought along.

 At our HU song tonight I chatted with David about Eddie's Mum and received some more than interesting information. She works at the Disabilities Access Foundation and has good connections with the film world. Also she is doing a PhD in something or other connected with disabilities. Eddie isone  of the least disabled peole I know but of course years ago he would have lived in an institution just as they did when I worked at the Lorna Hodgekinson Sunshine Home in Sydney in around 1978. Those days are well past and now I hope to have reason to have my movie seen by more people and they will hopefully appreciate it  for the historically accurate movie it was thirty-five years ago. Anne may well now be my link for this,  and I am looking forward to speaking about it to her the next time I see her. 

And now after the movie where Michael Fassbender, a Welsh actor, shows he is no doubt one of the best of his generation, if not the best. It was a superb rendition of this complex, brilliant, now deceased entrepreneur, Steve Jobs, who with incredible foresight and steely ferocity, changed the world of computing. He did have a little help from his friends of course. Worthy of an award, Fassbender is sexy, serious, intelligent and a damned good actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment