Friday 18 September 2015

Dark in the light

Front page in the paper today is a tragic story of an achieving woman, lawyer, activist, human rights prison worker, who committed suicide a few years ago today. Was there no help available to this dedicated woman who gave her life for others, then took her own? She was told she would soonbe a  'cripple' and saw no future for her life, instead, she took it and adversely affected the lives of her family and many others. New Zealand must share the blame here.
Terrible toll of suicide

At New Town Café

Bilich was good mayorA Croatian success story, Mayor of Wellington who built my Kilbirnie Aquatic Centre, bravo!!!
A Great Dane was once littlea sailor who loved  this   country to bits...

Bad buttons....on Face Book,  beware me!

I love NYCand only in Manhattan!

World Cup begins.... The Nation goes mad!

Kaye SheppardKiwi woman to be proud of ...

Making NZ the first country to give women the vote,qaqan example of amazing achievements by the Kiwi women.

Murdoch Stephens, trying saving Syrian refugeesand doing a PhD at the same time....what a young man to watch!!

Joe Bennett, with dog Bluea favourite columnist of mine.

On my way home I decided to pop in to see the stray cats at the nearby SPCA, right on my way home. I was welcomed in, it was a wet and therefore quiet day, and I looked at a white female named Odette, arrived not long ago and recently desexed. She was sleeping quietly and only woke for some food which she delicately ate. I liked her immediately although I had come for a black and white one called Mimi, who could not be located. Julia the vet in charge, said Odette had been found on Coromandel Street, where Tom lives. She had a quiet nice nature and was about a year old. I was smitten and said
I would consult with Alice who would be the other carer.

On my return home, Alice and Sonny both agreed she could be the right cat for our home. Alice immeditaely said she would call her Moumoune, and I agreed, which is the affectionate French word for kitty.
So in a flash of a wet afternoon, the leaving of Koroi and now the arrival of a white kitty kat, called officially, Odette. What a difference a morning makes!

Let's hope our other new arrival Olivia has the same feeling on October 2nd.

Moumoune has safely arrived...Miaow!

No comments:

Post a Comment