Monday 28 September 2015

Tuesday recovery

Spring has sprung and today the sun shines on Wellington streets and the people are showing what it is like to be a fashionable Wellingtonian. The styles here are reflected by the WOW factor, everyone does what they want, with originality and flair. But always with the weather in mind. It is a delight to watch it appear in the streets.

Last night a dinner party at my house with Sonny cooking for his two friends a Chicken Tandoori. They also consumed a bottle of Shiraz so it was loud for a while but settled to quiet at ten'ish and they all went to the city to finish for the night..K stayed the night on the couch to mend his puncture in the morning with the sun shining on the balcony and the cat frolicking around as well.

I left them to their work and went on the Memphis where today, I unusually had two coffees, something which will stay with me for the day I am sure!

Last night's Interfaith meeting was very interesting as Wendy stepped down, not just from the Chair but also from the Executive, with a self-deprecating smile and feeling of relief, for her and everyone else I think. She had done three years and needed a rest and was to be commended for her efforts.
Dr. Khalid the Muslim 'Sheik' was elected unopposed and his wife Dr. Razia, a formidable partner, came along to enure the transition went well..they are both medical supremos and are there to do stuff. It was a good result however, and I was also elected to go with two others to find a new, more suitable venue as now the parking has dried up at  St Andrews.

It was a well reasoned meeting, Khalid is a nice man and not at all pompous, but may be ruled by his wife I would say, and she will doubtless be in evidence throughout the coming year. I left a little before the end as it was dragging on a bit and I was due at Ti Whanawhana at six-thirty.

All my worries about Wendy were put aside as I knew they would be. I had arrived early and was there alone so sat quietly singing the HU before anyone arrived. The stage was set and the play unrolled as it should, in the best possible way. It is now a totally different, more sympathetic dynamic than before and the next year will he much more satisfying. Baraka Bashad!
Will I one day learn the deaf language? I hope so.

Sun at Memphis

NZ small gene pool of excellence...

My choice of hotel stay in Wellington, For Sale

Ma'a Nonu the champ..

Will he play or will SBW take his place?

...and Danny Lee, on the way up.

After a quiet day, I caught a local movie called Born to Dance, at the recently re-opened Empire Theatre at Island Bay. This cinema was another excellent discovery, also with a very acceptable restaurant/cafe inside.  The movie, very Kiwi, about Auckland Rap dance champions, was also excellent. It showed another area of competition in the rare and modern world of Rap Dancing where New Zealand is the current World Champion. 

Showing amazing skills, it is a five star movie of its genre, sure to be a big money earner in the US if given the right publicity machine as it is very similar to that block-buster success 'Dirty Dancing' sans glitz nor the star casting, which actually makes it more charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment